Providing step-by-step directions to help you apply for a grant…
Preliminary On-line Grant Application, Stage 1
Please take the time to become familiar with our current areas of interest prior to applying for a grant. The Waitt Foundation has a specific focus on Ocean Conservation. After reviewing the Waitt Foundation Grant Guidelines and Grantee Requirements, your next step in the application process is to complete an online Preliminary Grant Request. A staff member will review your submission and respond within six to eight weeks. All applications must be submitted via our website for consideration. A list of requested information (including word count limits) is noted below.
Required Documents: You must attach the following items to be considered for a Waitt Foundation grant. Applications without this information will not be considered.
- Budget specifically related to project. A sample format is provided below.
- Project Timeline
- U.S. Applicants - Proof of non-profit 501(c)(3) tax status as determined by the IRS.
- International Applicants - Proof of public charitable status equivalent under U.S. tax laws.
Additional Documents: Please feel free to attach additional supporting documentation related specifically to your project proposal.
Please Note: Preliminary Grant Requests are accepted year-round and must be submitted via our website.
Full On-line Grant Proposal, Stage 2
Should it be determined that your project may align with the foundation’s initiatives, interests and current giving guidelines, you will be invited to submit a full grant proposal for further evaluation and consideration. Additionally, we may request an informal meeting for further evaluation.
ROC Grant applicants are not required to submit a 2 stage proposal.
We accept applications on a rolling basis, but typically approve and fund projects at years-end.
ROC Grant applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed monthly.
Please note that the foundation staff may request additional documentation and information, phone conversations, or in-person meetings during the application process of submitting a Full Proposal.
Online Application Already in Progress
If you have already started an application and have saved it for completion at a later date, you can access your account by Clicking Here.
Applications: We require all grant applications to be submitted via our website. The Waitt Foundation does not accept proposals by e-mail, mail or fax. To submit a Preliminary Application online, click here.
Stage 1 Application Requested Information
- Organization Name
- Legal Name of Organization (as listed with the IRS)
- Is your organization known by a different name?
- Tax ID Number (U.S. Applicants Only)
- Tax Status (example: 501(c)3, 509(a)1, Public Charity, Private Foundation)
- Organization’s Physical Street Address
- Website Address
- Organization Background / Description (250 word limit)
Primary Contact Information:
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Project Name / Title
- Project Category (ROC Grant or Ocean Conservation)
- Geographic Scope of Project (example: United States, Europe, Africa, etc…)
- Body of Water (example: Caribbean, Aegean Sea, Gulf of Mexico, etc…)
- Length of Project (in whole months)
- Project Start Date / Project End Date
- Amount Requested from the Waitt Foundation (in U.S. Dollars Only)
- Total Project Budget (in U.S. Dollars Only)
- Project Executive Summary (100 word limit)
- Project Background (250 word limit)
- Project Description (include expected project results, how you will measure results, your experience in running similar projects, and ocean conservation benefit - 500 word limit)
- Dollar amount and name of other organization(s) that have COMMITTED to funding this project (in U.S. Dollars Only)
Fiscal Sponsor (if applicable):
- Organization Name
- Address, City, State, Zip Code, Country
- Tax ID Number
- Name, Title, Phone Number and E-mail Address of Fiscal Sponsor Contact
Budget Format Example